CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Story Time!

Very rarely do I leave Amelia and Graham alone in a room together. Graham is fine by himself and Amelia is fine by herself, but the two of them alone doesn't always equal good things. Tears usually end up flowing as a result of a stolen toy or a tower of blocks being knocked over. So, when I do have to leave the room, it's usually the best for everyone if I scoop Amelia up and take her with me. That's exactly what I did this morning when I headed to the laundry room to attack the mountain of clothes. As I picked Amelia up, Graham began to protest. He quickly and respectfully said to me "I'll take care of Me Ya Ya (his nickname for her, the poor girl will probably be 20 years old and still be called that by her brother!), please leave her here!" I asked him what he would do to take care of her and he got quiet and thought for a minute. "Read to her!" he answered. Before I had a chance respond, Graham grabbed Amelia's hand and let her into her bedroom where they both climbed up into her chair. And, exactly like Graham said, he read to her and took very good care of her. Not a single tear was shed and no frustrated screams could be heard. Instead, I left them alone and for the first time, I heard nothing but laughter!


0 comments: