CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Playing Dress-Up

As long as we've known Amelia, she's always loved shoes. During the summer when we spend quite a bit of time out at the lake, she's completely content to sit sorting and trying on the sandals that fill a basket near the door. Each morning when I'm getting Amelia dressed, she repeats in a very loud, animated voice "Shoes!". Clearly, Amelia feels that shoes make the outfit and I'm secretly pleased to have an ally in the house who understands my own obsession with shoes. Knowing all this, it didn't surprise me in the least that Amelia has started to show an interest in my own shoes, particularly the varieties with tall heels. I was recently trying on dresses and shoes for something exciting I'll be doing next month and Amelia was at my feet 'ooohing' and 'aaahing' over the various shoes I had spread around me. Before I knew it, she had a pair of patent leather peep toe pumps on her feet and off she went. Yes, Amelia was able to successfully walk in her Mommy's heels.

0 comments: