CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mommy and Amelia Day!

Graham is very happily spending the day with Grandma which means that Amelia and I had the entire day to ourselves to do exactly what we wanted. It's comical to me that I ever thought it was a challenge to get out the door with just one toddler. Granted, personality wise, Amelia is very laid back, but still, the difference of having two toddlers running around as compared to one is amazing!

It's extremely rare that I have the opportunity to just roam through the mall. I gave up on that months ago when I realized that it just wasn't worth my time-there was no way to keep both kids happy at the same time for any length of time which defeats the whole purpose of browsing. Today though, with my laid back, shoe loving girl, we headed to the mall. What a treat it was to walk around with a single stroller rather than my giant limousine for two! As enjoyable as it was to have one on one time with Amelia, and as productive as I was at the mall :), it will be nice to have Graham home later today. I can tell that Amelia has missed him and I know that she'll be happy to see him when he returns home. Several times this morning, Amelia walked into Graham's bedroom yelling "Peek a boo!" only to turn around with a sad look on her face. At one point she even looked at me and said "Am?" (what she calls Graham") followed by a shoulder shrug. Yes, in just a few hours she'll be thrilled to be reunited with her playmate.

I asked Amelia if she wanted to go shopping and I got no response. I asked her if she wanted to go look at shoes and this was the look I got!


Amelia was quite the patient shopper while I perused the Mall of America in search of the perfect dress so I thought it was only fair that she got a new dress too!

Amelia sleeping in the stroller is truly momentous.....it has NEVER, EVER happened before!

0 comments: