CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Back to the doctor...

Amelia woke up with a pretty angry looking rash this morning. It was so bothersome for her, that overnight she was scratching herself so much to the point of making her skin bleed! I immediately called the clinic, spoke with a nurse, who told me she would talk to the doctor and call me back. The nurse called me back and told me Amelia needed to be seen right away. So, back to the doctor we went. As it turns out, Amelia is having a 'moderate' allergic reaction (to use the pediatrician's words) to her amoxicillian which is being used to treat her pneumonia. So, her antibiotic has been changed, she's currently napping drugged up on Benadryl, and if she gets no relief from the Benadryl, a steroid will be prescribed later tonight. Poor Amelia, she's really had a rotten week! I think it's time for us all to be healthy in our house!

Sorry, no pictures today...I don't think anyone really wants to see the rash that is causing Miss Amelia so much distress. I will tell you though, that it sure isn't pretty!

1 comments:

Patty Lucken said...

Feel better soon, Amelia!