CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2009

There are certain dates that stick out in my mind, and today is one of them. Two years ago, on March 25, 2009, the phone FINALLY rang and I picked it up to hear a cheery voice say "It's time to bring your girl home!". Our wait for Amelia felt like an eternity (4 months is an eternity to be away from your baby!) and I will never, ever forget the emotion I felt that morning when I learned it was time to go to Korea. I can still remember that the call came just a few minutes before 8:00 am and that Graham and I were in the middle of a gourmet Cheerios breakfast. I know that I somehow stopped shaking and gathered my thoughts enough to call Jeff and tell him to wrap things up at work for a few weeks because we were about to become a family of 4!

Check Spelling
Time is such a strange thing. On one hand, I can remember the details of two years ago like it was just yesterday. But then I look at Amelia and it feels like she's been home with us forever. Today, on the 2nd anniversary of Amelia's travel call, I had the privilege to enjoy a gourmet Cheerios breakfast with both Graham and Amelia....my little treasures!

Amelia thinks she's a super star and sunglasses are absolutely necessary (you can never be too prepared for the paparazzi!) as is the fancy purple plastic princess necklace!

2 comments:

ElleMura said...

Love :) I can only imagine getting that phone call. !!!!!

Kris Greer said...

Sweet Amelia IS a super star! We are so blessed to be grandparents to Graham and Amelia! Dreams do come true!!!!!!!! :)