CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just keepin' it real...

Miss Amelia and her teenage size attitude is really giving me a run for my money lately! Several weeks ago she had a tantrum at Target that got so ugly she actually threw a dozen raw eggs at my feet. And yes, she was successful in making a huge mess all over my boots and the floor. Today, Amelia treated me yet again to a public display of frustration. I wouldn't let her lay down in the wet parking lot (I'm just mean like that) and she was already agitated that I insisted she wear her seat belt and ride in her car seat (mean Mom strikes again!) so Amelia unleashed an A+ toddler tantrum on me at Graham's preschool while we waited for him. While laying on her back, Amelia kicked the wall, and screamed so loudly a teacher had to come close her door. Thankfully, the people witness to this little show were all Mom's themselves so I didn't get a single dirty look, only smiles and knowing glances that said "I've been there!". At one point, a teacher leading her class down the hall had to march around Amelia. The teacher looked at me, winked, then loudly announced to her class "Boys and girls, please walk around the little girl who is choosing to be angry on the floor". Long story short, the tantrum went on for quite some time. It actually went on until we got all the way home. Only when Amelia walked into the kitchen and asked for a cookie, did she stop screaming. When I told her that cookies were a treat and that she couldn't have one, the tantrum started all over again. On.my.goodness. 2.5 year old attitude is serious stuff! I'm wondering if I need to be afraid of a 16 year old attitude...at least I have 13.5 years to prepare for it!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

wow.....

wow.....

shocked to see it. i always believe you if you tell me that the kids had a 'rough' day, but admittedly SOOOO surprised as i've never seen this A+ side from my princess.

you deserve a medal for this one!

Amy said...

love, love, love the fact that you snapped a photo! And aren't these the moments that will pay off the most in the long run (both long-term behaviorally and blackmail-wise) :-)

Miranda said...

Oh the joy of little girls....

EmilyDearie said...

(I'm Emily, Angela's babysitter)
At least 16 year olds don't scream in public, we just roll ours eyes, sigh and walk away. Then we complain to ours friends about how "horribile" Mom is!