CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Totally Toddler

I'm going to start with an apology for the fact that the blog has been quiet for many days now. I have no excuse other than being extremely busy! When school ended a few weeks ago, I was wondering how we were going to keep busy. The reality is, we currently have a busier schedule now, than we did while school was in session! We've got play dates, and zoo dates, and museum dates, and park dates, and beach dates, and splash pad dates, Graham has a pre-school summer "camp" coming up, our summer music classes begin shortly, and we've even got the occasional brave Mommy who is inviting the entire class over to play and have pizza for lunch. The first few weeks of our summer have been a whirlwind of activity, and I'm know the rest of the summer will be the same. It really doesn't get any better than having complete freedom over my schedule. I can't imagine a better way to enjoy the summer than with friends and a handful of kids running around!

Anyways, back to this "totally toddler" business. Although Amelia doesn't turn 2 until the end of this month, I'd say we're already a two toddler household. Amelia can talk, has her own (strong) opinions about certain things, understands everything we're saying, and doesn't look much like a baby anymore. Last year at this time, I was admittedly overwhelmed with caring for two babies. Now days, those babies seem more like "kids". Graham and I have long and intelligent conversations. He's quite the comedian and has proven to be good company. Never wanting to be left out, Amelia will sit patiently through an entire conversation, often interjecting a "yes" or "no" just to feel part of things. I feel like she's learning things much faster than Graham ever did-probably because she's got such a great role model. I know these next few months will be huge for Amelia in terms of emotional and physical growth, so I'm holding on to the fact that at least for a few more weeks, I can say she's still only a year old because, honestly, I'm having a hard time with the fact that my baby girl is getting big way too fast!

1 comments:

Kris Greer said...

Dear Sweetie Amelia,
You are getting to be such a big girl!!
Love and kisses,
Grandma and Grandpa :)