CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

DIRT

Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed free entertainment right from our front step. Our street is being torn up and resurfaced and the heavy machinery had the kids mesmerized. Graham immediately had to grab his tool belt complete with his orange Black and Decker tools, "in case the workers needed help", and Amelia seemed content to just observe. Things eventually got very loud and the ground actually began to vibrate. Amelia became upset, yelled "Scary!" over and over and over and seemed to be in the verge of a real melt down. I assumed the noise and vibrations were the cause of her fear but I was wrong. As it turns out, she was afraid of the dirt. Just for the record, Amelia's fears currently number three. Strangers, all men (unless you're Daddy or Grandpa), and dirt. Yep, Amelia's going to have an interesting life! :)

After she calmed down, she was able to tell me through her tears "dirt scary". I had to try and hide my smirk as I realized she was completely serious. Although I found the entire scene rather amusing, Graham took Amelia's fear very seriously, scooted next to her, put his arm around her and explained that dirt really isn't scary. The kids have been driving each other crazy the past few days, so their interaction seemed especially sweet! What made me really happy, was the fact that they stayed in that pose for quite a while. Long enough for the noises to stop, the dirt to stop flying around, and long enough for me to grab my camera!

Graham enjoyed watching the ants. Amelia was completely disgusted and pulled her feet as far away from them as she could.
A spontaneous display of sibling love. Are they cute, or what?!?

2 comments:

Patty Lucken said...

yes, they are super cute!!!! what a nice big brother!!

Jim Olson said...

The protective big brother picture is precious and is now the newest background picture for my PC.

Haraboji