CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 8, 2010

It's definitely a Monday around here...

Today isn't the best Monday we have on record. Amelia took 3 very wobbly steps this morning, so I'm hoping that means her pain is decreasing. Her frustration, on the other hand, has gone through the roof! I'm seeing behaviors from her that I've never seen before-hitting, screaming, slapping, throwing anything she can get her hands on, and her new favorite activity, kicking. Kicking is apparently a lot of fun because her cast makes a lovely loud noise as it hits anything it comes in contact with. I'm doing my best to keep the kids several feet apart today, not because I'm concerned that Graham will accidentally bump her injured leg, but because I'm worried about the bodily harm that hot pink leg of hers can cause! My parental patience is certainly being put to the test today so it was with great pleasure that I scheduled Amelia's cast removal appointment for April 2 at 9:45. April 2 also happens to be the 1st anniversary of Amelia's Gotcha Day, so we'll certainly have a lot to celebrate that afternoon. 25 days and counting....

After lunch Amelia was ticked off so she sat on the couch with her blanket over her head. Apparently, for a 20 month old, that's a good way to punish the parent who wouldn't hand over jelly beans. I figured I could make her laugh though, so I was prepared with the camera for when she emerged from her self-made cave.

0 comments: