CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

Graham has been attending a camp in the mornings and I naively thought that he and Amelia would appreciate the time apart. I was WRONG! Dropping Graham off proved traumatic for Amelia who cried that she couldn't stay with him. Today, when we returned to pick Graham up, the classroom door opened, Amelia ducked under the teachers arm and ran straight into the circle of children screaming "Am!" at the top of her lungs. What happened next is something straight out of an old love movie and I laugh even thinking about it. Graham stood up and ran towards Amelia who was running at full speed towards him and they embraced in a very tight and long bear hug. The teacher actually stopped what she was doing and said "Goodness Gracious!" then invited Amelia into the circle for the good-bye song since it was clear that if Amelia couldn't participate, Graham was done for the day!

After camp, we happily headed home for lunch and Graham announced at the end of our meal that he wanted to find the "Green Eggs and Ham" book and read it to Amelia. He found the book, they got comfortable on the couch and he began to recite most of the story to her. Then, I heard him suggest that they play "Green Eggs and Ham". Graham announced that he was going to be "Sam-I-Am" and that Amelia would be......are you ready for this......."the ham". He told her to lay on the floor like a ball and not move, because ham doesn't move. So, being the good little sister that Amelia is, she curled up on the floor and said with a giant grin "I ham" while Graham marched around her yelling "Sam-I-Am". Honestly, this was one of the funniest interactions I've witnessed between these two. They make me laugh on a daily basis, but this was the best. I'm just thankful that Amelia is too little to care that in her first play, she was cast as a piece of nice, juicy pork. :)

THE CAST
Graham as "Sam-I-Am"

Amelia as "The Ham"

"Sam-I-Am" and "The Ham" rehearsing a particularly intense scene

2 comments:

Patty Lucken said...

adorable!!! What imaginations those two have!! Happy 2nd Birthday, soon, Amelia!!

Kris Greer said...

This is such a darling story!!!! Graham and Amelia, you couldn't be any cuter!
Love,
Grandma :)