CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

A trip to the zoo...

We headed to the zoo this morning but I didn't expect to stay very long. When Amelia and Graham are next to each other in the jogging stroller, often times, not too much time passes before they're annoying each other and getting into the personal space of the other. Imagine my shock this morning when nearly 30 minutes into our visit, I hadn't heard a peep out of either of them and this is what I saw.....
Honestly, the fact that they were holding hands nearly stopped me in my tracks. The giraffes could have escaped right next to me and I probably wouldn't have noticed. My two kiddos weren't just tolerating each other, they were actually enjoying the company. It could have melted my heart...

Because they behaved like angels the entire morning (I'll be the first to admit that my kids aren't perfect, but today they were even receiving complements from strangers based on their behavior!)I decided to get a frozen treat to share before we headed home. I opted for a frozen lemonade-one of my favorite summer indulgences. Amelia loves ice cream and she loves popsicles, but tart lemon was a new experience for her. I had a feeling she'd have a funny reaction, so my camera was ready...


It wasn't too long though before Amelia was quickly whining for more. Apparently, I just wasn't getting it into her mouth fast enough!