CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heading into week #13

The update for today is that there is no real update. Jeff spoke with our agency this morning and there hasn't been a single travel call this week which leaves us still waiting at the #7 spot.

Today is the first day of waiting in our 13th week. That number just seems cruel...nobody should have to wait this long to hold their almost 9 month old child. Up until right now, I've been able to hold it together in front of Graham. Today that changed and I'm not sure what I think of my display of emotion right in front of him. I got off the phone with Jeff and just started crying. This clearly concerned Graham and he came over, buried his head in my legs, and said 'Mama sad'. I explained to him that yes, I was sad because I very badly want Amelia to come home. He looked up at me and very solemnly said 'Amel ya ya, soon'. He's been saying that for quite a while now, and I'm just wondering when 'soon' is finally going to be 'today'.

I obviously have so much to be thankful for, and am so grateful to everyone who has offered support for us during this wait, but come on Korea, I desperately need my girl home! I'm wondering how I am going to keep my mind occupied for the time being. Graham does a great job keeping me physically busy, but seeing him play alone is a constant reminder that his little sidekick is on the other side of the world.

We've randomly chosen Thursday as the day to be in contact with our agency, so unless some miracle occurs (I'm hoping and praying for a miracle) and our travel call comes in the next few days, I'll update everyone again next week....

0 comments: